The Documentary Media Centre operates on the ‘community of practice’ model:
- it brings together an ‘informed’ audience e.g. ‘open’ educators, issue ‘experts’, ‘engaged’ members of the public and ‘open’ students, with active documentarians.
- it offers researchers access to this ‘informed’ audience and global active documentarians.
- it organizes pop-up events branded as the Doc Media Centre and Doc Media Festival programmes.
The aim is to generate solutions focused ‘documentary media’ packages that can be delivered in educational settings.
All projects are supportive of the United Nation’s 17 SDGs / Sustainable Development Goals #GlobalGoals
Documentary Media is the intersection of stories about real people, real places and real events.
- documentary film
- documentary photography
- documentary audio
- documentary new media
For further information please email John Coster:
Lecturer / Module Leader:
- Tech 1502 Introduction to Community Media – Communication Arts BA (Hons)
- Tech 2503 Community Media Practice – Communication Arts BA (Hons)
- Tech 3501 Community Media Leadership – Communication Arts BA (Hons)
- Tech 3022 Social Media Practice – Media Production BSc (Hons)
Leicester Media School, Faculty of Computing, Engineering & Media (CEM), De Montfort University.
Office location: Queens Building Q1.25
M 07734 305595