The Documentary Media Centre is a small independent museum, archive & library.
It operates along the lines of a ‘community of practice’ model:
- it identifies, through the Parallel Lives project, globally active documentarians operating across Latin America, West & East Africa, South Asia and South-East Asia.
- it offers researchers access to this documentary media content through its museum exhibits, archive & library of documentary film, photography, audio and new media.
- it organizes pop-up ‘showcase’ events and the annual Doc Media Festival programme.
Documentary Media is the intersection of stories focused on real people, real places and real events through:
- documentary film
- documentary photography
- documentary audio
- documentary new media
Practice-Based Research interest areas include:
- Documentary Media
- Documentarians & Archives
- Documentary Audiences
- Community Media
- Solutions & Constructive Journalism
- Digital Storytelling
- Conflict Media
All projects are supportive of the United Nation’s 17 SDGs / Sustainable Development Goals #GlobalGoals
For further information please email John Coster: email@example.com