The Reportage Club is a simple concept.
John Coster invites his special guests to discuss documentary media related subjects in front of an audience.
Last event – Thursday 24th November 2016.
“Join me as we formally launch Zinthiya’s new book, discuss her commitment to this area of work (especially the funding from The Big Lottery for a project to support Women and Girls suffering or at risk of FGM, honour based violence and forced marriage in Leicester) and why winning ‘Inspirational Woman of the Year’ at the recent Leicester Mercury’s Leicestershire Women in Business Awards can help with future plans.” JC
6-8pm Doc Media Centre, Wot Space, 3 Shires Lane, Highcross Leicester LE1 4AN
Examples of previous Reportage Club themes and guests:
- The Syria Crisis – in partnership with the Prevent programme. Dr Halla Diyab (Liberty Media Productions) and Dr Omar Gabbar (Hand in Hand for Syria charity).
- Coordinating Volunteers at London 2012 – Gaynor Nash.
- Working for the International Committee of the Red Cross in Sarajevo – Steve Crump.
- Radio Broadcasting at the BBC – Rupal Rajani, BBC Radio Leicester Presenter.
- The Regional Press and the New Regulator IPSO – Keith Perch (former Editor of the Leicester Mercury).
- Making the News – Jim Davies, Journalist, Broadcaster on BBC Radio Leicester.
- Documentary Filmmaking – Tristan Anderson, Founder of DocHeads / BAFTA Award Winner.
- Making Your First Feature – Rhys Davies, local filmmaker (Finding Richard).
- Borneo Tribes – Dr Huw Barton, Bio Archaeologist, University of Leicester.
- Being a Press Photographer – Beth Walsh, Leicester Mercury.
- Young People and Community Activism – Brahmpreet Gulati, Voices 4 Change.
- The Situation in Gaza – a Q&A event with an Israeli and Palestinian representative from the One Voice Movement – partnership event with the Prevent programme.
- Disability in Film and Television – Dr Anna Claydon, University of Leicester.
- Northern Ireland Flag Protests and Social Media – Dr Paul Reilly, University of Leicester – hosted as part of the Conflict Reportage theme of Documentary Media Month.